Content Archives: Refuse and Recycling
Both sites open 8:00AM to 1:00PM on dates listed below. Note that the 5th Tuesday and Saturday will be open, check for location.
Devonshire Drop Off – Open the FIRST and THIRD Tuesday and Saturday of each month from March through December. Hours of Operation are 8:00AM to 1:00PM.
Located on Devonshire Road, near the Elementary and Middle Schools, across the street from Western Salisbury Jerusalem Church.
Franko Drop Off – Open the SECOND and FOURTH Tuesday and Saturday of each month from March through December. Hours Operation are 8:00AM to 1:00PM.
LEAVES ONLY ACCEPTED AT FRANKO FARM – MUST BE CLEAN AND NOT MIXED WITH GRASS OR YARD WASTE
CUT LAWN GRASS ACCEPTED AT BOTH LOCATIONS – MUST BE CLEAN AND NOT MIXED WITH YARD WASTE
Located off East Emmaus Avenue. At the Eastern Salisbury Fire Company, turn south onto Honeysuckle Road, 1/4 mile up on Honeysuckle Road on the left side.
Evening Hours – MONDAY & THURSDAY from 3:00PM to 6:00PM May, June & July
Note that the 5th Monday or Thursday will be open, check for location.
|Open 1st & 3rd
Mon. & Thur.
|Open 2nd & 4th
Mon. & Thur.
* C – Drop off Centers are closed.
2017 SPRING AND FALL BRANCH COLLECTION
The 2017 Spring Branch Collection is scheduled to take place April 17th – 21th. Residents should place the branches at the curb on Sunday after 6 p.m. Branches may be no longer than 5 feet long and 5 inches in diameter. Branches should be bundled and tied with twine. Open containers (no lids) can be used for small branches.
Yard Waste – Plants & Trimmings, NO roots, rocks, concrete, or newspaper.
Branches – Branches no more than 5′ long, maximum 5″ diameter, NO stumps or felled trees.
Leaves – Accepted ONLY at Franko Site.
Grass – Grass must be clean, not to be mixed with other yard waste. Containers/Bags will be checked.
* Only Grass allowed – No commingling with your yard waste or other plant waste.
* Grass clippings must be separated and transported by residents to the drop off centers.
* Proper ID will be required to determine residency.
* Bags and other containers used to transport the grass clippings will be checked to make sure that they contain only grass clippings and no other waste. Contaminated bags will not be accepted and will be returned to the resident. Bags that contain grass clippings only will be dumped into the grass containers and empty bags will be returned to the residents. The Township will not accept any bags after being emptied. Residents that utilize trailers to transport the grass must be able to shovel the grass into the containers, which will be equipped with doors. No Township personnel will be permitted to shovel grass from trailers.
* The Township Drop Off Centers for grass clipping collection will be for grass clippings generated only from home owners mowing their own grass. Residents that currently use a commerical landscaper for mowing their grass must make their own arrangement with the commerical landscaper to dispose of grass clippings.
NO COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPER GRASS CLIPPINGS WILL BE ALLOWED.
* NO ILLEGAL DUMPING OF GRASS WILL BE TOLERATED. RESIDENTS MUST USE THE DROP OFF CENTER FOR DUMPING GRASS. ANYONE CAUGHT DUMPING GRASS ON ANY PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY OR PUBLIC PARK OR PROPERTY WILL BE CITED ACCORDINGLY.
RESIDENT IDENTIFICATION: People using the Centers will be required to show a current year Salisbury Township utility bill receipt and their Driver’s License to certify Township residency.
RESTRICTIONS: The Centers will be open for residential use ONLY, Commerical landscapers and other non-residential use will not be allowed.
NO DROPPING OFF OF ANY MATERIALS WHEN THE CENTERS ARE CLOSED.
NO DUMPING ALLOWED!!! VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!!!
Starting Tuesday, December 13, 2016, the Salisbury Township Public Works Department will continue the next round of leaf collection. One crew will be in the Saddlebrook area working towards Meadowbrook. The second crew will be working in the Devonshire area.
The Salisbury Township Public Works Department will begin the curbside vacuum leaf collection starting on Monday, October 24, 2016. The collection will begin in the First Ward (east) and will continue westward through mid to late December, weather permitting. Residents are asked to place their leaves along the edge of the road. To facilitate the vacuum leaf pickup, please keep all vehicles away from the area where leaves are piled. For your convenience, we will be posting leaf crew location and general direction of collection each Friday throughout the leaf season at www.salisburytownshippa.org. The location will also be posted in the Township office.
The Salisbury Township Department of Public Works will be conducting its leaf collection program starting Monday, October 24, 2016 and continuing through mid-December (weather permitting). We will start in the First Ward (east) and work westward. The Township crews generally cover the Township several times. Please note that the large number of trees in the Township make it impossible to guarantee a set pick up date for any street in the Township on any given day.
Residents are asked to place their leaves along the edge of the road prior to the start of pickup, which will be conducted from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If leaves are not in place when the crews go by, they will not be picked up until the next trip through that neighborhood. No return trips will be made to pick up leaves.
Please do not place pieces of wood, steel, rocks, concrete, trunks, etc. on the leaves in an attempt to hold them down. These objects cause extensive damage to the leaf machine and place them out of service at substantial expense to the taxpayers in both time and money.
In order to pick up leaves by mechanical means, it is necessary to dump the contents of the plastic bags or other containers into the gutter areas. Crews will not empty bags or containers; this is the responsibility of the residents. Branches, shrubbery, etc. will not be picked up. They will be left behind and are the responsibility of the property owner for removal and disposal.
To facilitate the vacuum leaf pickup, please keep all vehicles away from the area where leaves are piled. The crews will not rake leaves from under or between parked cars.
For your convenience, we will be posting leaf crew location and general direction of collection each Friday throughout the leaf season at www.salisburytownshippa.org. The location will also be posted in the Township office.
Your cooperation is appreciated. If you have any questions, please call the Department of Public Works at (610) 797-4000.
Attention Salisbury Residents: The Fall 2016 Curbside Branch Collection Program is scheduled to take place September 19–23, 2016. Residents should place the branches at the curb on Sunday after 6 p.m. Branches may be no longer than 5 feet long and 5 inches in diameter. Branches should be bundled and tied with twine. Open containers (no lids) can be used for small branches.
Set out on your second collection day.
- One bulk item per week!
- Bulk items include things like sofa, water heater or stove.
- Carpets: cut into three (3’) feet strips, roll and tie them.
- A mattress and box spring set counts as one item.
- Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers and air conditioners contain CFC (Freon) and need special handling. Please get a sticker from the Township (Township Phone:610-797-4000), then call Republic Services two days in advance to arrange collection.
- Republic Services number is 1-855-866-8399.
ELECTRONICS and TELEVISIONS
- AERC 610-797-7608
- Best Buy Retail Stores (Whitehall or Quakertown locations)
- FREE CYCLE 484-866-0927
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS – old/used/refills/maintenance call
- KISTLER O’BRIEN 610-266-7100
- TREXLER HAINES 877-873-9537
REFRIGERATORS, WINDOW AC UNITS & DEHUMIDIFIERS – (items containing Freon)
- Residents can purchase a $20.00 Freon sticker from the Township Administration Building, place it on the item and put it out on the second trash pickup day
- LIBERTY RECYCLING of Allentown 610-433-0129 $20.00 Freon Fee
CFL FLUORESCENT BULBS – (containing mercury)
- Township Administration Building, 2900 South Pike Ave., Allentown M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm limited to only compact CFL bulbs that will fit into a 5 gallon bucket.
- AERC for long overhead fluorescent bulbs
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE – (ex. Oil based paint, paint thinner/remover, glues, dyes, etc.) Minimum $300 charge for any quantity!
- JW ENVIRONMENTAL of 2535 Grove Street Allentown – 610-782-9115
- ELK ENVIRONMENTAL of Reading – 610-372-4760
Lehigh County General Services – Tim Bollinger – 610-782-3073 for additional information.
*DISCLAIMER – The above list is provided by Salisbury Township for informational purposes. Above is only a list of local vendors that have indicated their ability to accept the above-listed items. Be sure to inquire with each vendor to confirm acceptable items, any disposal fees, schedules and collection locations. Any and all of the above information is subject to change based on vendors’ requirements and available services.
Trash Hauler Info
Residents may call Republic Services for collection schedules and complaints. Please do not hesitate to contact the Township if you are not satisfied with your service or the hauler’s follow up concerning your inquiry.
*hauler does not collect leaves or yard waste*
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling bins are available for purchase at the window in the Finance Office. Currently, we have 20-gallon bins available for $10 each.
Articles & Documents
- 2017 Yard Waste Drop Off Sites And Schedules
- Salisbury Township Leaf Collection
- Fall Branch Collection
- Bulk Items
- Household Hazardous Waste, Electronics & Misc. Waste Disposal
- Information on Recycling Your CFL
- Proper Disposal of Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Compost and Mulch Available to All Salisbury Residents
- Refuse and Recycling Hauler for Salisbury Residents
- Single Stream Recycling
- Home Renovation/Construction Refuse