- This event has passed.
Zoning Hearing Board Meeting
January 12, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
SALISBURY TOWNSHIP, LEHIGH COUNTY, PA
ZONING HEARING BOARD
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2022 at 7:00PM
The Salisbury Township Zoning Hearing Board will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM in the Township Municipal Building located at 2900 South Pike Avenue, Allentown PA 18103. The meeting will be held to hear the following cases:
APPEAL NO. 21-0314 – 1033 SOUTH CEDAR CREST BLVD
1033 Cedar Crest, LLC seeks to appeal the Zoning Officer’s Decision of November 23, 2021 denying the applicants’ zoning application to expand the parking lot located at 1033 South Cedar Crest Blvd and maintain the existing nonconforming buffer yard when measured from the new lot line. In the alternative, applicant seeks variances from §27-803.2.A and §27-803.2.C(1) to allow a buffer yard of 8’ (30’ required) with parking spaces within the required buffer yard (none permitted). The property is located within the C-1, Office-Laboratory zoning district.
APPEAL NO. 21-0387 – 1830 SAVERCOOL AVENUE
VB Nimbus, LLC seeks to appeal the Zoning Officer’s Decision of December 9, 2021 denying the applicants’ zoning application to reconstruct and expand a commercial communications tower located at 1830 Savercool Avenue and maintain its nonconformities. In the alternative, applicant seeks a special exception pursuant to §27-306.2 (Attachment 3) and variances required to complete the reconstruction. Specific variances include:
- §27-402.1.P(5)(b) – No building or facility may be used as an office or as a broadcast studio
- §27-402.1.P(6) – 2 paved, on-site parking spaces with lighting required.
- §27-402.1.P(7) – Information pertaining to RF interference with existing communication services required
- §27-402.1.P(8) –Information on the RMS field intensity of EMR from the applicant’s antenna(s) pertaining to ANSI Standard C95.3 required
- §27-402.1.P(9)(b) – Tower shall be painted silver above the tree line and green below the tree line
- §27-402.1.P(9)(d) – A buffer of natural screening which blends in with existing vegetation required
- §27-402.1.P(12)(c) – Tower must be engineered to accommodate additional new users
- §27-402.1.P(12)(d) – Tower base shall be surrounded by an 8’ high, secure fence
- §27-402.1.P(13)(a)(1) – Information on the location pertaining to the necessity to satisfy the signal coverage requirements mandated by the FCC required
- §27-402.1.P(15)(a) – A copy of the applicant’s FCC construction permit required
- §27-402.1.P(15)(c) – A technical description of the facility, including the capacity of the tower and the number and type of antennas that can be accommodated, required
- §27-402.1.P(15)(d) – A statement from the FCC, FAA, and state aeronautics division pertaining to each one’s applicable regulations required
- §27-402.1.P(15)(e) – An intermodulation analysis with information pertaining to RF interference to existing towers or transmitting facilities or communications service reception by other property owners required
The property is located within the CR, Conservation-Residential zoning district.
All applicants and interested parties must attend in-person. Requests for more information, and to review the files in advance, should be directed to Kerry Rabold, Planning & Zoning Officer, at email@example.com or 610-797-4000 x5825.
ADV: 12/29/2021 & 1/5/2022 (Salisbury Press)