Friday, October 28, 2022 6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Download a Flyer (PDF) »
Important Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips:
- Make sure your child’s clothing is flame retardant. Review the stop-drop-roll exercise.
- Attach your child’s name and address to the inside of his or her costume.
- Imitation knives, guns and swords are not recommended costume accessories.
- Give children flashlights and/or reflective tape, especially if their costume is a dark color.
- Set up a curfew for your older kids.
- Discuss, in advance, the route trick-or-treaters should follow.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Keep dogs and other pets away from your front door so that visiting children will not become frightened.
- Remove items kids could trip over from your walkway and doorstep.
- Make sure your outdoor lights are operational.
- Watch for signs of tampered candy, such as loose wrappers, and check all treats before they are eaten.
- Throw away homemade or unwanted treats. When in doubt, throw it out.
- Teach children how to dial 911 if they become lost or have an emergency.
- Avoid costume masks and use non-toxic make-up instead.
Warning to Motorists:
- Watch for children in the street and medians
- Enter and exit alleys and driveways slowly and carefully
- Watch for children in dark clothing
- Avoid all unnecessary travel on Trick-or-Treat Night and Halloween